logo
Всичко за оръжието и мунициите на едно място

Часовете са според зоната UTC + 2 часа

Дата и час: 28 Мар 2024, 20:04

Напиши нова тема Отговори на тема  [ 2 мнения ] 
Автор Съобщение
Непрочетено мнение Публикувано на: 05 Мар 2017, 14:11       Заглавие:  Как парите развалят и най-добрите намерения [PRS, USA]

Снайперист
Снайперист

Ще цитирам един скорошен пост на Франк Гали - основател и модератор на Sniper's Hide.

Думите му се отнасят за проблемите, които се задълбочават в техните състезания, най-вече свързани с това, че все повече пари са замесени и се преразпределят, под формата на спонсорства на състезатели, отбори, награден фонд и т.н.

Заслужава си да се прочете, защото това ни очаква и нас - такава е природата на човека..

Надявам се да си извадим поука. При нас мащабът е различен засега, но принципът е същият.

Постът е в оригинален вид - на английски. Малко е дългичък, но това е пълната цитация:

"Don't be THESE GUYS... the Death of Precision Rifle
02-23-2017, 01:37 PM

As many know, I have been highly critical in the past of groups like the PRS, and while I have come to terms, and even support the PRS there is a growing problem that needs to be addressed. One I have seen personally and something I can speak on with confidence. So let me set this up:

A long time ago, Sniper's Hide partnered with Rifles Only for the sole purpose of hosting precision rifle matches down that their facility in Kingsville TX. In fact we are returning to our roots this year and will be hosting the PRS Tactical Division Finale as part of the Sniper's Hide Cup at Rifles Only. Way back in 2001-2002, Jacob Bynum of Rifles Only traveled to Connecticut to ask me if they could host a match for Sniper's Hide. In his words, Sniper's Hide needed to have a match, and it had to be at Rifles Only.

Prior to this, for years, Rifles Only was putting on matches for small groups of shooters in South Texas. You can see pictures down there of 10, 15, 25 guys organized to have matches as far as back as the mid 1990s. Before anyone heard of the PRS. The Success of what Rifles Only organized combined with the energy Sniper's Hide brought to the competitions set the standard for what you have today. The PRS was born out of these matches, and everything that followed was / is compared to what we accomplished at Rifles Only. Sure you can think you are doing something special, odds are, we've been there, done that, and handed out the T Shirts.

Fast forward to the last 4 years, I have felt, and I am not alone, that the addition of sponsored shooters, and Teams is ruining the matches for a lot of people, including myself as a Match Director. The Sniper's Hide Cup is probably the longest running match of its kind. We used to put on two matches a year, the SHC, and Shooter's Bash. Aside the classes we worked together, my time with Rifles Only saw a lot of shooters pass through the gates. On top of that I traveled to a lot of matches around the country as a competitor. This over the last 15 years, we have seen this sport grow and change in a variety of ways. Some good, some bad...

The good is the growth of the sport, there are more matches than ever. The innovation and imagination is great, though I am not as big a fan of all of it, some of it is too gimmicky, but over all A+ for all involved. It's a lot of work, and should be recognized. Hosting a match is not easy.

My Bad, is super bad, the Shooter's and their sense of entitlement, they act like it's something special because they attended a weekend rifle match. And these are team / Jersey'd shooters I am talking about, not your average shooter who looks at this like a vacation or a limited opportunity. These Sponsored Shooters or Team Guys feel they are entitled to rewards the average match shooter is not. I have been personally told this, directly...

"I attend 5 PRS matches a year spending my money" (as if nobody is spending their money) "and I deserve the better prizes, and I deserve a different level of treatment" ....

I know what you are gonna say before you say it, "Gee Frank all the PRS shooter's I have met are great, super nice, and helpful;" ... except they are not, and really just good at hiding it from most who dont' know what to look for... some are scumbags.

Ask Kasey Beltz from B&T who was a Range Officer for me at the 2015 SHC. He was treated like dog shit by Jersey'd shooter who, one of which was particularly disrespectful had a B&T logo on his shirt. Kasey let the shooter be the ass he felt he could be, and simply said, "Nice Logo" to the guy. The next day the guy came up and apologized, he didn't even know who Kasey was, and apparently someone told him that night. Point being, why treat any Range Officer badly, the matches don't work without them.

This past SHC we had 50 Range Officers, the year before 40 Range Officers. Most of these guys travel on their own dime. You are not pulling that many locally, and most of them pay their own expenses, aside from food. It's a thankless Job.

So to my point :

Jacob recently held the Brawl down at Rifles Only. He had 100+ Shooters, and 26 Range Officers. After announcing the Top 10 Shooters, he spoke about the Range Officers to the group and then let them choose from the prize table. I have seen amazing acts of generosity from Jacob, to giving rifles he won away, I mean the list is endless. Rewarding a non-paying Range Officer with a trip to the prize table is the least we can do, they are not paid and it's still costing them money. Most of his Range Officers live beyond 4 hours away. They have to travel, time off work (Rifles Only holds matches on Friday / Saturday) away from the family, etc.

So here is what a group of "anonymous" shooter's did after he rewards the Range Officers:

I waited a couple of weeks to send this to make sure the following wasn't spur of the moment. Everyone I have spoken with still feels the same way so here goes.

First off I’d like to say thanks for hosting an awesome match. Lot of fun and challenging stages.

I think that giving that scope away to the shooter who didn’t have the best gear was EXTREMELY classy and generous. He’ll never forget it and will likely keep that for the rest of his life. Myself and many others were very excited for him.

It was also incredible that you hosted a challenge specifically to donate money to help a fellow shooter in the community as well, and on top of that when the amount raised didn't satisfy you, you created a raffle to raise even more money. Absolutely awesome. The RO’s also did a great job and were very professional and fair all the way around. The barbecue at the end of the match was a good touch as well and was greatly appreciated.

The one complaint (and everyone I spoke with also had this concern) was how you dealt with the prize table. I COMPLETELY agree that the RO’s deserve something for their time and hard work. I have been an RO several times at PRS matches and will continue to be whenever I am not shooting them. RO’s are a vital part of our sport and it would not exist without them. And again, I COMPLETELY agree that they deserve to be rewarded, but not in the fashion they were. I was completely satisfied with what I walked away with, but it is a slap in the face to the shooters who pay $275 to get into the match + travel + hotel + bullets + brass + time + the sheer skill involved to finish high enough to get a good prize and have it taken away by someone who invested only time.

Watching RO’s walk away with $900 barrel certificates, $1000+ chassis’, nice optics etc was wrong and you could tell just by the way the RO’s hesitated when they were told they could pick ANYTHING off the table that they didn’t think it was right either. Some of the more respectful RO’s recognized that fact more than others and took smaller items, but a LOT of great items were taken by RO’s and for someone to finish in the top 15 and pick up a prize barely the value of their buy-in when the RO’s are walking out with $1000 items for only helping is incredibly insulting and sets a bad precedent. It will lead to RO’s signing up to help just to try and benefit from it rather than doing it to help the sport. It also did and will leave a bad taste in shooters mouths whenever/wherever it happens again.
I can’t speak on this for certain, but I also highly doubt that the companies donating prizes were donating them so that RO’s could pick up many of the best ones without competing.
The most common thing I have seen is one large item (and several smaller items) raffled off between the RO’s, or there is a prize table specifically for RO’s with items worth $1-300 which is more than fair and is always greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I'm not trying to bash you or the match, but myself and many others thought this needed to be addressed and I drew the short straw.

Hope you have a good week.

Bitch Ass Fucking Cowards...

They emailed this letter to Jacob this week. Yes this actually put this in writing.

Entitlement, plain and simple, these scumbags are not doing anything for this sport but taking for themselves. It's about them and theirs.

We can replace them in a heart beat, and you know why they are not signing this, because they know we'd put them on a black list and never allow them to shoot a match again.

They are SPONSORED SHOOTERS these guys who complain. They did the exact same thing at the SHC in 2015 so much so, I dropped the mic, told them if they wanted the shit on the table so bad, take it ... and like the vultures they are did exactly that.

The Range Officers didn't think it was wrong you fucking shit heads, they never had any one give them something to that degree before. Usually it's a raffle or a few prizes.

Here is a fucking clue, not only do these guys get most of their shit paid for, (Jersey shooters) what they take the off the table they sell. If you have Bushnell on your shirt and get a Vortex scope do you think it going to get used in the next match ? Hell NO ! They sell it and it actually pisses off the sponsors of the competition to see stuff posted online come Monday Morning for sale.

This letter spells it out better than I ever could ... they dislike the guys that are shooting a match who are not PRS members, who are not Top 25 Shooters, and they dislike the fact they have to listen to a Range Officer. They don't think you know what you doing, all they want is their buddy to RO because nobody else is up to their standard. They cause all sorts of drama on the line saying their tiny 6mm hit the target at 1250 yards in the wind and rain and the RO calls a miss. They bully, they cheat, yes cheat, and they manipulate the system every chance they get. One guy lies the other swears to it and then they go the prize table, take stuff only to sell. Why do you think they created the alibi system, so they could figure out where they stand, hatch a plan to manipulate it and then change their score to get what they want or need.

One year I raffled off a Surgeon Rifle to my Range Officers, I mean, I only had 7 rifles to give away, I figured one to the Range Officers is a great way to say thanks. They attacked me online viciously for doing it. Who was I (besides the Match Director) to give a high end rifle to my Range Officers. They even bitched at me because George Gardner won the Top Gun rifle which they felt was sub par to the Surgeon. The Top Gun was highly customize LRI Rifle in Burnt Bronze, engraved all over. It was a trophy.

If the Range Officers have a separate prize table, like the drafters of this letter propose, where do you think it comes from ? They act like moving the prize from the main table to a separate table is gonna make this feel different. As if ... don't take it off OUR Table, put it on your own. See how stupid they sound. Fucking chumps ... It's their twisted justification.

These shooters have soured me on Precision Rifle Competition... and I love this stuff. I eat, breathe, and sleep it... but they make it where I want nothing to do with any of them.

Matches have been $275 dollars to attend for 8 years at least. Hotels, rental cars, Ammo Costs, really, ammo cost. A clue here Jersey boy, if you have an issue with ammo, don't shoot the matches.

You know why they do it, they want free shit, they want to be able to say to their buddies at work, what they took off the table, who they got as a sponsor to give them something to act like a big shot. There is nothing positive about their motivation, nothing. Selfish, Entitled Pricks is all we have here.

Notice how he said he drew the short straw, this is not the work of one man, this is a collective hive. The Teams are part of the problem. Sure I like a lot of the team guys on a personal level. Heck I will even tag along with them during a match. But the team mentality is a problem in this sport. It's an individual event, not a team event.

We need as a group to weed these guys out. I am opting to reduce the prize table and I will personally hand out prizes to the deserving few, the Top 10 can take home a trophy. Ask your sponsor for a gift.

Sponsors, you need to insist on a code of conduct for your shooters. They need to pay back your generosity by contributing in a positive way. Not penning stupid fucking letters to Match Directors.

The PRS Board, you need to be the Shooter's Governing Body, not so much the match. Sure put some standards in place, but police the shooters. When a guy fucks up, he is punished. Not like you handled my issue and let the guy shot the very next match hosted by a PRS Board Director. You had enough evidence of a problem, hell people called you and complained before I said a word. And still that shooter breezed on as if nothing was wrong. Why he brings in a sponsor... bull fucking shit. Tell the sponsor what happened.

There is a solution to attitudes like this, I have screaming about this for years. Maybe now you will see what I am talking about.

Okay, this is a ton of writing, I am spitting bile over this crap. When will enough be enough. I know what a good match is, I know what a shooter who contributes looks like, this is not it. Make this viral and put on spotlight on this kind of thinking.

Fuck the authors of this letter, don't ever sign up for one of my matches you will not be missed. I am sure Jacob feels the same way.

Lowlight
Sniper's Hide
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw"

:danger: :danger: :danger:

Върнете се в началото
  Профил Започни разговор  

Сподели темата във Facebook

Непрочетено мнение Публикувано на: 06 Мар 2017, 02:11       Заглавие:  Re: Как парите развалят и най-добрите намерения [PRS]

Оръжеен гуру
Оръжеен гуру
Аватар

нищо изненадващо и много познато
да не кажа че сме го преживели и ние в миналото в динамичната

особено пък за по старите стрелци преминали през спортната стрелба с големи оръжия, динамичната и сега t-class

точно затова от самото начало на динамичната стрелба в БГ
наложихме принципа да няма наградни фондове и печалби за победителите
имахме и проблеми с продуктовите тимове :DD

защото се бяхме нагледали на грозни сцени от миналото
и донякъде успяхме да съхраним добрата атмосфера в динамичната .. но до едно време, сега нещата не са добре и там

общо взето всичко зависи от начина на ръководене и политиката на Управителния съвет!
допусне ли да го контролират спонсори и тимове, или да си повярват
или недай си боже да започнат да гледат на спорта ... като начин за краде от общите парички
бъдещето на спорта е обречено!

ние все пак сме стари посивели вълци, издържали много битки преди да създадем спорта t-class
и ще се постараем да не допуснем да се подхлъзнем по тази плоскост .. дори и когато се появят големите спонсори :)

.. вече след нас какво ще се случи .. можем само да се надяваме да ни заместят достойни мъже

ние някои неща ги решихме още с правилника и сме предприели мерки да не се случат

докато колегите от Америка са в много "детска фаза" още .. един вид тресе ги пубертета и не да преминали детските болести, на такива организации :))
дори и правилника им .. е още "детски", обаче се подобрява непрекъснато и то с бързи темпове

или казано по друг начин - там дето отиват PRS, ние се връщаме от там PDT_Armataz_01_22

но Америка е велика страна, където живеят и се гордеят с това свободни хора
и много бързо ще намерят баланса и ще преминат детските болести на спорта си

Върнете се в началото
  Профил Започни разговор  

Сподели темата във Facebook

Покажи мненията от миналия:  Сортирай по  
Напиши нова тема Отговори на тема  [ 2 мнения ]